Wednesday 13 June 2007

A WRITER'S REMINDER

I know this is a public blog but I'm diarying this entry. There's a book I've started about the Sixties and the Summer of Love that keeps getting pushed back, most unfairly in my view, but, then again, I is only 'uman. It's based on time I spent in London during that period, with a sprinkling of The Doors. One day I'll get to finish it but right now it's THE DARK KINGDOM calling. The g/f read the most recent 20 pages and spotted the usual errors that I normally edit out at a later stage. She prefaced her kind comments with the sentence: 'You type slower than you think, don't you?' Missing words I can excuse but giving a blackbird teeth, even in a magical fantasy novel, is stretching credulity. Early this morning the teeth became a beak.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe such a young thing like you was living the highlife in London in the 60’s, I bet you have some tales within that wonderful mind of yours. I have to say that your blogs make interesting reading. Will visit again soon. Love H x

The Writer said...

That is most kind of you. They were incredibly exciting days and I try to remain as young as I was then -- hey, some hope.

The Writer said...

Many thanks, H. Can't say any more since you are closed off to further comments, although i do love the moniker -- email. Clever. This is a writer's life, but I do believe my imagination is unique. Although, to be frank, I would rather be a street cleaner or a shares dealer. But, since my first play was written and performed at the age of 5 or 6, guess this is what I'm stuck with until the good old Grim Reaper comes a calling. But always love Dostoyevsky. Lots of love to the world...