Monday 25 June 2007

DEEPLY DEPRESSING

A strange and deeply depressing day yesterday. Why? Lots of reasons. Primarily because the brain cells went into overdrive on Kingdom. Work like that always leaves me drained. Another reason might be some thoughts about the influence of parents on children; in this instance, mine on me and the siblings. Those thoughts were strange and disturbing and not at all connected with the fact the family had a major catastrophe in its early days. That left me feeling well down, wiping the smirk off my face left by the report a little earlier in the week that first-borns have a higher IQ than the later-comers. So TRUE. So very TRUE. Hope the sisters aren't reading this blog. Doubt it, they've got better things to do with their lives. They're into property, accountancy and money-making leisure businesses. Damn sight more sense than writing - as the littlest sis once said - "those little books of yours". Mind you, after seeing several members of several audiences at several plays in TEARS due to my "little plays" I can tell you there's no better feeling in the world. So there you have it - I write to influence as many humans as possible, living or not yet born. Fun, isn't it. Who said it ought to be easy? Dostoyevsky had to struggle and so did Van Gogh. I hate comparisons, plus I can't paint.

No comments: