Tuesday 5 June 2007

JEFFREY ARCHER HAS A SENSE OF IRONY

Look at this blog (More than a game) about WG Grace and tell me if I'm wrong. (I would love to know why Jeffrey appeals to so many readers. I know why he appealed to people such as my mum: he refused to be defeated, and that is what a woman, well some, want in a man. Good for you Jeffery, you at least can contact the head of your publishing company and he will talk to you. That, for you struggling writers, is one hell of an achievement. Okay, he ain't Dostoyevsky but a lot of people like his stories.

This, in case it's gone, is the post: "Nevertheless, however desperately he tries to paint W G Grace - who he describes as the man who did more to advance cricket than anyone, including Bradman - as a worthy figure, I am bound to say that after reading Major's words, I came out thinking what a thoroughly unpleasant piece of work W G must have been - a man whose ego appeared to be as huge as his talent."

Afterwards, go and read this. WG Grace was a truly remarkable man.

No comments: