Thursday 21 June 2007

HOW TO SELL A BESTSELLER

I is watching dis like a ork. Barry Cunningham, the man who spotted Harry, is promoing a crossover novel as the rightful successor to Potter. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure how he could achieve this. I don't think there are many people out there who do, since so many of the so-called next big new things fall flat on their face. Of course, the truth will out when the public get to read the book. But they might have bought it before the truth dawns that it ain't the new Potter. Then again, maybe it is. We shall see. However, I notice this morning that it's part of a half price - well 43 per cent off - deal on Amazon. Crucial words "up to", are they not? It's pre-sale figures this morning put it at 63 in the list of bestsellers. It's been high every day I've checked. Now that is successful. Don't think 63 makes it a Potter but it's certainly better than those languishing in the thousands, like a friend of mine who's work went from 90,000 to 9,000 in a day. I think the rise was the result of one sale! There's a lot riding on Tunnels and I wish it the best of luck. Naturally I would say THE DARK KINGDOM is the one to take on the Potter mantle, but I would, wouldn't I, yer honour.

No comments: