Tuesday 19 June 2007

END OF THE WORLD

Isaac Newton predicting the End of The World. Cool stuff from someone who discovered so much about this Universe. I see it's already being dismissed as the ramblings of a fool. Well not quite as bad as that but I can see the eyebrows being raised. Probably this is because Newton was delving into The Scriptures to consider prophecy. I find it incredibly naive and arrogant to so easily dismiss a man with such a proven knowledge of science. He was also doing it to dismiss the frequent spoutings of the End of The Worlders at that time. I use the 60 years left on this planet for human life advisedly in my light-hearted Book to Be about Global Warming. I put this figure in the introduction because this timescale was given to me by a friend who was quoting one of the world's leading geologists. I also could not sleep last night thinking about this subject. My theory is that none of the usual suspects will be responsible for ending human life. It will be something rather simple - something we're currently overlooking. Bit like trying to see the nose on your face.

No comments: