Sunday 24 June 2007

Scrawled Notes

A blisteringly hot afternoon, so much so that I was tempted to strip off and lie on the lawn. I spared the sensibilities of passersby by not succumbing to that idle thought. Two scraps of A4 paper and I plotted the remainder of THE DARK KINGDOM. The rains came and swept through the garden, hurling tombstones of water down on people, houses and cars. Seeking shelter in a warm front room I continued with the scraps of paper, my braincells rattling like a washing machine on its final desperate spin. Dear Reader, it all came together. The little tricks, the vast battles, the turmoil of the heroine, the magic of love, the embrace of all life.... I shall not bore you with more. What an incredible feeling. Frankly, I was exhausted. In bed by seven and still not quite with it this morning. All I need to do now is to write the flaming thing. I've dated these notes and shall keep them. Anyone care to put in an advance bid? One of those awesome experiences that makes the writer's life worthwhile.

No comments: