Tuesday 12 June 2007

BACK ON THE OLD WAR FRONT AGAIN

Promise. I won't harp on about this much more. Terry Jones always struck me as honest, thoughtful and extremely caring. That is why I love his articles, this being a fine example. Am I the only one getting waves of nostalgia for John Lennon and George Harrison? Particularly Lennon, who was always able to open his mouth and say something controversial. Jones is spectacularly good at this and has the advantage of being so well educated that the knockers have to think twice before rushing to condemn him, unlike Lennon who was dismissed as being nothing more than a pop star, without even the benefit of a redbrick university or even, dare I say it, polytechnic education. Okay, he did go to art school but didn't gain a degree. Bill Gates, Richard Branson, William Shakespeare etc.

No comments: