Thursday 31 May 2007

Wandering Scribe

Just cast my eyes over Wandering Scribe blog. I'm shivering with fright. Why does the world have to be this way? You would think anyone commenting on her plight would be sympathetic. No way. I just hope the book's a great success and she can carry on sleeping between clean sheets without fear. When I'm rich and famous I'm going to set up a sort of adult Barnardos where one phone call will bring help from happy smiling people with warm soup, clean beds in single rooms and helpers to guide people back into a life of happiness. Okay, tall order. Don't let me start on Iraq, poor sods. There has to be a better way for humans to live together otherwise we are all doomed. The most glaring problem facing us all is that we live on a rock with our source of life, the sun, already dying. A few more billion years may not concern us but some of our DNA related progeny are going to have to find a way out. So, why are we not using our brains to solve this problem? You never know, we might get a spin-off, rather like non-stick frying pans were from the Space Race. Don't worry, readers, I do have a sense of humour. Check out this blog for a little bit of it. Yes, there are some serious points. Some great dreams last night including one where I was cycling down a massive series of steps towards Nice harbour. How was I in France? Well, a researcher friend from Panorama had asked me to go there to buy Ricin from a chemist. In the dream, it was readily available. My expenses would be met and a fee of £10 would be paid. Now that's what I call a reality dream. The sky above Nice was incredibly bright and the bicycle was too big for me to ride. Ah. Just had a thought. As a child we never had much money. My first bike was secondhand and it was so big I could not place both feet on the ground at the same time. Then, shortly after I started using it, I went far too fast downhill and came off, blacked out but recovered without injury. The handlebars had swung 180 degrees. My main problem was getting them to look normal to avoid a bollocking. One little point about the Wandering Scribe post. It strikes me that she was doing something similar to that of Einstein when he, as a humble clerk, would go out at night and stare at the stars for hours. Perhaps it ought to be made compulsory - four hours of silence watching the sky at night.

No comments: