Wednesday 23 May 2007

Blogging

A awful lot of blogs on the web these days. What does that say about people wanting to become writers? Just been reading a fascinating blog on the Guardian site about slushpiles. Pity the poor writer struggling to get past the gatekeepers at the agents. Nevermind, it'll all get sorted. Suffering from word blindness at the moment and wondering which of my babies gets the words tonight. The fingers going full pelt. Haven't written like this for yonks. Blogger's auto saving now, I see. I think this stage of boredom has to be defeated. Time to zip into fantasy world for a while, wake up the grey cells.

2 comments:

The Asker said...

I've been looking over your blog. No, I'm no publisher, but then too, I didn't pass you over and rush up to the 'next' button either.
I fully understand how frustrating it must be to go unnoticed, time and time again, knowing what all you have to offer the literary world. Amazing, isn't it?

Best wishes for your writing future. May the turn-downs become a thing of the past.

The Writer said...

the asker -- that is most kind of you. The constant stream of negativity can be deeply upsetting. But so can the moment when a novel is completed and the time comes to bid goodbye to the characters. I think this form of work is a form of madness. Thank you for your best wishes. Paul Drewitt.