Wednesday 25 April 2007

Waking up Full of Beans

Odd this morning. A distinct feeling of goodness has arrived. There is no real reason for this apart from the fact that the new novel is taking shape at some speed. This is another of those simple tales that seem so easy to start and once underway starting posing immense challenges. I know that I can fill this one with a hundred different scenes and yet, and yet...if I do so it will become difficult to sell. You see, modern books require the main characters never to leave the page. Ok, once or twice they can disappear for a moment but then it's back with the main story. Oh for the return of the multiple sub plots. The question for me now is how to take this further without going into my usual business of super complication. As I write this blog certain possibilities are making themselves clear to me. I like this idea of blogging in the morning. Today it happened after doing some writing. I shall try to avoid putting up the pictorial and other distractions. That was fun, though. However, I do need to remind myself that I am not a budding rock star. Too late and the wrong career. Writing is not a career. I hope you know that by now. If not, I'll explain in another post.

No comments: