Tuesday 24 April 2007

On Partners

A word of warning to the partners of writers. Sometimes we dip so far into these stories that we forget the normal niceties of the human condition. My partner refers to these moments as PAUL'S WORLD. My body is still functioning relatively normally but my mind is a long way off. Not a great idea when you're negotiating roundabouts in busy traffic. While this may have something to do with the panic of trying to get the book sorted out when the money's not coming in I think this is something that comes with practice. The more you allow your mind to work on its own as a Story Creator the more material it's going to come up with. I imagine most real writers have the same kind of total recall that I do, although it's not specific. It's a frightening thought that every moment of my life is stored inside my head.

No comments: