Friday 20 April 2007

Rejection

The dreaded email thanking me for my submission, informing me that it would not be quite right for their list and wishing me all the best. At least they come in a friendly fashion from Simon Trewin at PFD. All very depressing. The only action to take is print off the darned submission once more and pop down the Post Office to another leading agent. Why bother with the top agents? They are the ones who are able to pick up the phone and do a deal. Clearly they have to turn down more than they accept, otherwise they would not get a day's work done. So, dear author, you have to be strong and keep trying. The extreme frustration, apart from living without money, is that time is being wasted on selling when it ought to be spent on writing. So, dear blog, that's it for today and I shall add a few more words to one of my works of art.

No comments: