Friday 12 January 2007

Where Did I Go Last Night?

WHERE DID I GO LAST NIGHT? is a recurring thought during the day. I refer to the characters and the places appearing during the night hours. Many of these have found their way into my work. Some have been the start of complete stories. Others have happened in that time between wakefulness and sleep when the subconscious mind comes out to play. This is where life sometimes becomes a bit weird. Once, in that state, I dreamt about something that happened within the next twenty four hours. The most dramatic dream came a while ago and was immediately converted into ten thousand words of my most ambitious novel so far. The strangest and the most moving was connected with the death of my mother. So, you can see that while I am taking a light-hearted look at what happens to people when they are dreaming there is some serious stuff going on when we're lying crumpled and defenceless.

No comments: